Monday, August 4, 2008

8 years ago today: Bush pledged to ‘uphold the honor and dignity of the office.’

bush.jpgEight years ago today, President Bush delivered his acceptance speech at the 2000 Republican National Convention. John Perr notes this pledge from Bush:

So when I put my hand on the Bible, I will swear to not only uphold the laws of our land, I will swear to uphold the honor and dignity of the office to which I have been elected, so help me God.

In the speech, Bush also said, “A generation shaped by Vietnam must remember the lessons of Vietnam: When America uses force in the world, the cause must be just, the goal must be clear, and the victory must be overwhelming.” (The picture on the right is of Bush shaking hands with McCain at the conclusion of the 2000 RNC Convention.)

Original here

No comments: