Today, Barbara Anwine of the Election Protection Coalition (1-866-OUR-VOTE), a nonpartisan group, told MSNBC about voter suppression tactics they have witnessed around the country.
The group says it has received over 80,000 voter calls at the Election Protection Command Center.
Some emerging trends:
- Broward County leads Florida in voter requests for assistance.
- Registration-related problems rank #1 in nearly every battleground state - hundreds of calls focus on that problem, most often in Texas, New York, New Jersey, Georgia, Florida, Colorado, and California
- Georgia voters are reporting more incidents of voter intimidation than any other state. Other reports of voter intimidation, scams or misinformation are also emerging in Ohio and Missouri.
- Florida voters rank #1 in requests related to criminal status and voting.
- Early voting problems are also being noticed, particularly Ohio, Missouri, Georgia, Florida and California