Thursday, May 1, 2008

Obama: Patriotism attacks used to distract voters

We are experiencing high traffic volume. The video below may take a moment to load. If you enjoy this story, get Raw’s RSS feed and headlines in your browser.

Democratic presidential frontrunner Sen. Barack Obama, talking about his faith and patriotism at a campaign event in Wilmington, North Carolina, said that flag pin issue is being used to distract voters from real issues.

Asked about pundit attacks on his patriotism, Obama said, “When I hear people questioning my patriotism … when I see that being used to distract voters from those unpatriotic acts that are making it harder for the American people to live out the American Dream, that makes me angry. And that’s the kind of politics that we’re gonna change when I’m president of the United States of America.”

In a lighter moment, after some lively advice from 82-year-old Obama supporter Jean Weiss, Obama asked her in jest, “Would you be my running mate?”

This video is from CNN.com, broadcast April 28, 2008.

Original here

No comments: